• We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
• We believe that there is one God, who has always existed in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death on the cross for our sin, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His final return in power and glory.
Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
• We believe that all are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost, the payment of our sin debt, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in a life transformation by the Holy Spirit.
Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
• We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in all who believe in Jesus, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly, joy filled, powerful life.
John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. The saved spending all eternity in Heaven where there will be no more suffering and pain and the lost damnation and eternal punishment.
1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
• We believe in the unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of the body of Christ, the Church.
1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
• We believe it is the responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ to spread the truth of God’s word to the world.
Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
• We believe that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other as one in marriage. God instituted marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society.
Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
• We believe in prayer, that God hears and responds to our prayers as we pray for God’s perfect, all loving, all knowing, all powerful will to be done.
Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
• We believe that human life is sacred from conception; and that we must have the deepest concern for the physical and spiritual needs of all people.
Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Shallowford Christian Church
1263 Shallow Ford Church Road, Elon, NC 27244, US
Copyright © 2023 Shallowford Christian Church - All Rights Reserved.